As a social enterprise, sustainability has been an integral part of our business since we launched in 2010.
With everything we do at The 7 Virtues, we are mindful of our responsibility and mission to do good. We make great effort to ensure that our products are mindfully manufactured with sustainably sourced ingredients, leaving a positive impact in the communities we work in. Together we are on a mission to change the beauty landscape and the earth, for the better.
Sustainably Sourced Ingredients
- We consciously collaborate with partners who source ingredients in a sustainable way. Our perfumer CPL Aromas is committed to responsible sourcing to secure a stable, sustainable supply.
- We are mindful of reducing waste with the ingredients we choose. For example, we opt for upcycled rose rather than pure rose oil. Hydrodistillation of rose petals creates a blend of rose oil and water and uses half of the waste, while still maintaining the character of the oil.
- Our sandalwood is sourced from Sri Lanka where the leftover wood from the tree is not discarded, but instead donated to locals who can make and sell incense sticks for income.
- Our company was born from a mission to leave a positive impact in the communities we work in. Over the years we have been proud to support farmers and families in nations rebuilding from war and strife.
- We have teamed up to support Days for Girls most recently, an international organization that advances menstrual equity, health, dignity, and opportunity for women and girls, transforming periods into pathways. The launch of Lotus Pear will help end period poverty for 700 girls and young women in Nepal.
Cruelty-free & Vegan
- We are proud to be Leaping-Bunny certified, which is the only internationally recognized symbol that guarantees consumers that our product was not tested on animals.
- Our founder, Barb Stegemann, worked with Human Rights International to get Bill S-214 passed in the Canadian Senate to ban all cosmetic testing in Canada.
- All of our boxes are recyclable and earned the FSC Certification, ensuring that it comes from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits. Specifically, our packaging comes from responsibly sourced wood fiber.
- We have a commitment to upgrade ongoing R&D projects involve sustainable packaging in mind.