General Manager - The 7 Virtues Perfume Maison
Location: Halifax, On site – Queen’s Marque - Halifax Waterfront
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday
About The 7 Virtues:
At The 7 Virtues, we make perfumes that are good for the world, and good for your soul. Our aromatherapy fragrances are designed with scent association to empower our clients to advance to their goals. We’ve cracked the code on how to make long-lasting clean perfumes with 22% fragrance oils, nearly double industry standard. This winning formula consistently outsells brands with massive marketing budgets. We are a scrappy Indie ready for our Digital Marketing Manager with the goal of driving brand equity, awareness, engagement and sales in the brand’s nascent own e-commerce channel.
Founded in 2010, our brand is the thesis of a best-selling book, written by our founder, The 7 Virtues of a Philosopher Queen – a woman’s guide to living & leading in an illogical world. The first book sold at Sephora, it has empowered women to launch companies, end bullying and run for office.
We were making clean, sustainably sourced perfume before it was cool. Simply because it was the right thing to do. Our vegan, certified Leaping Bunny perfume brand has earned the Clean Plus Planet Positive logo, the highest ingredient and sourcing standards at Sephora. We’re a socially and environmentally conscious brand that sustainably sources ingredients from around the world.
Our aromatherapy scents are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, and free of phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde, and sulfates. Our contemporary collection is available exclusively on our website and at Sephora in 17 countries including Canada, US, Europe, UK, Australia and New Zealand. Our collection includes a sought-after mix of heroes, Vanilla Woods, Coconut Sun, Cherry Ambition and pillars, Lotus Pear and Santal Vanille.
Our mantra is Make Perfume Not War. We do this by advancing period equity at home and in our global village. Turning periods into pathways with 3% of profits of each new perfume launch being donated to Days for Girls. We are currently completing our B-Corp certification.
At The 7 Virtues, we're more than just a fragrance brand; we believe in making a positive impact with every scent. Join our dynamic team in a crucial role designed to uplift our brand presence, strengthen our ties with our clients and passionately represent our fragrances to the world. The GM reports to the CEO.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Brand Education & Training
- Curate tailored training materials for staff and consumers, ensuring a deep understanding of our fragrances and brand values.
- Energize and educate our perfume Maison team through engaging seminars, and training sessions.
- Organize and execute in-store events and in-person education sessions in The 7 Virtues Perfume Maison.
- Lead product orientations and comprehensive brand training for new retail staff championing our brand.
- Ability to create compelling packages and sell events to companies including corporate team building, holiday parties, event planners and events both in season and off season.
- Ability to set up FAM tours with tourism operators, wedding planners and others to ultimately garner sales packages and meet sales targets.
- Retail Partnership Building:
- Build strong relationships with Hotel Concierges, Tourism NS partners, Restaurant Managers, Spa Managers, Event organizers and Wedding planners.
- Support guerrilla marketing efforts by effectively communicating the story and essence behind each of our fragrances.
- Collaborate closely with leadership during new fragrance launches - from sampling to unveiling.
- Administrative and Analytical:
- Ensure streamlined communication, addressing any training or product concerns.
- Assess sales performance metrics, highlighting the best-sellers and strategizing on improving fragrance portfolio visibility.
- Be responsible for budgeting and delivering the store’s daily, weekly and yearly targets.
- Oversee and assume ultimate accountability for store operations, sales, service, product presentation, visual merchandising, profitability and loss prevention.
- Social Media & Technology:
- Produce engaging educational content, bringing our fragrances to life through social media. Two well thought out posts per week and many live Tik Toks and IG communications. Working with our social team to reflect our brand voice.
- Have a solid understanding of QR codes, technology, as this will be a tech heavy experience. You do not have to create the tech as we have an in house IT team that will always provide support. But having a good knowledge of working an iPad and assisting clients with their phones to show them how to book online and purchase online.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in retail, hospitality and tourism and or high-end beauty sales or education, with a focus on education and sales.
- Proven track record in tourism related business working with people.
- A genuine passion for fragrances and the beauty industry as well as tourism.
- Exceptional organizational prowess.
- Stellar communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident in presenting and has the flair for creating educational content.
- In-depth product knowledge and a keen nose for fragrances.
- Ability to coach, inspire, and motivate others. Demonstrates autonomy but cherishes team spirit.
- Experience in beauty, perfume and or sommelier with experience in blending notes a bonus.
The 7 Virtues is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of this role at The 7 Virtues. The specific responsibilities and qualifications may be subject to change based on the evolving needs of the company.
Please contact Christoper Brown, Lecours Recruiting